Encore Vocal Ensemble of San Diego shares our fresh take on the musical theatre experience.
- Provide those who are passionate about musical theater a place to hear and perform songs from musical theater and film.
- Produce main stage thematic performance with a fun and upbeat, modern edge.
- Provide the San Diego community with affordable access to live music.
- Foster an education environment for members to grow and perfect vocal skills through performance and rehearsal.
- Work with the community to provide outreach programs for charity and civic events.
- Develop the highest caliber of vocal performances that each member can attain.
- Provide opportunities for members to participate through different levels of time commitment suited to their availability and desire.
What is Encore All About?
- A forum to share vocal talents with friends, family, the public, and other members.
- A fun, casual, supportive place to grow and perfect vocal skills through performance and rehearsal.
- A platform to bring the arts to the San Diego community.
Encore is committed to contributing to the arts community in San Diego. We are a California 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax ID# 45-2038760
Board of Directors
|Board President:||Krystle Hart|
|Vice President:||Lorie McDaniel|
|Co-Production Chairs:||Amanda Hibshman & Rebecca Partain|
|Marketing Chair:||Jacquelyn Lane|
|Membership & Social Chair:||Kyle Young|
|Education & Community Outreach Chair:||Abby Koch|
Music Director, Tim McKnight
Tim McKnight has proudly served as Encore Vocal Ensemble’s Music Director since 2012. Tim originally hails from the Midwest where he received his Bachelors in Music Education and his Masters in Accompanying and Vocal Coaching from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In addition to his work with Encore, He is also finishing his 11th year as Director of Music at Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Escondido.
Tim is a private piano teacher, accompanist, vocal coach, and award-winning musical theatre director and conductor. Between 2011 and 2013, he garnered two Outstanding Music Direction Awards (Children of Eden and Tommy) and two nominations (Funny Girl and Gypsy) from the National Youth Arts Awards for his work with JCompany Youth Theatre in La Jolla. In 2014 and 2015, Tim was honored to be the Music Director for the Ben Vereen Awards here in San Diego.
Serve on the Board
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our working Board of Directors. Whether you have experience in the choral arts, nonprofits, events, marketing, or fundraising – we want YOU! You do not have to be a singing member to contribute to Encore’s success. Whatever talent you think you can bring, we would like to hear from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.